Ingredients Needed for Kefir Banana Bread:
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of milk kefir
- 3/4 cup of chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 and 1/3 cup of brown sugar – preferable to use Rapadura or Sucanat
- 1 and 1/4 cups mashed bananas
- 2 pieces of eggs
- 2 cups of flour
Directions for making Kefir Banana Bread:
- Step 1 – Get a mixing bowl, put kefir and flour then mix it. Cover it for 12-24 hours so it will fertile. (Just like creating a normal bread)
- Step 2 – We need to preheat the oven at 300°F. for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 3 – Then we mix the following ingredient in a different bowl – brown sugar, nuts, bananas, vanilla, eggs and butter.
- Step 4 – After mixing it, get reading to mix the dough and the other bowl, mix it until it blend well.
- Step 5 – Lastly we add the baking powder and the baking soda, mix it well again!
- Step 6 – Now we pour down the ingredients to a bread pan preferable size is 9 by 5 inch.
- Step 7 – Now we are ready to bake it for approximately 1 hours and 30 minutes.
Note and Tips:
- To check if your baked banana bread is done or not, you must insert a toothpick in the bread and when the toothpick comes out clean your done!
- I cannot give you the exact time because it is highly depend of the size of the pan and how many pan do you bake per oven.
Here’s a recipe for people who enjoy having healthy heart. Our main ingredient banana is consider to be a high quality fruit for our basic diet, banana can cure many kind of disease and also help us to prevent getting sick. The kefir banana bread isn’t that sweet so rest assure but still don’t eat to much!