Ingredients you’ll need
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 2/3 cups kefir ( buttermilk, or plain yogurt)
- the zest from a large organic lemon, micro-planed or very finely chopped
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of agave syrup (or maple syrup, rice syrup, honey, or a mix of honey and sugar)
- a good splash of limoncello (or rum, or cachaça) (this is optional)
- Simply combine in a mixing bowl all the ingredients and whisk until blended then cover. Refregerate for an hour and churn your ice cream using your ice cream maker according to its manufactures instructions.
- Serve this with berries or butter cookies.